A large explosion, followed by a fireball and plume of smoke and dust, virtually flattened a condo on Norfolk, Conn. The condo, part of the Village at River’s Edge 55 and over community, was under construction when the blast occurred. Though there is no official cause of the explosion it has been reported that workers were installing a propane heating system at the time.
At least one worker was badly burned during the explosion. Firefighters found a second worker trapped under piles of debris. The fire fighters were going through the wreckage when they heard a voice. After an hour of digging they were able to free the worker. He was taken by ambulance to a Boston hospital.
According to Fire Marshal Stephan Coan there were a total of five people injured in the explosion. First responders called the scene “sheer chaos”. The blast was powerful enough to flatten the building, tear vinyl siding off of a house across the street and was felt at offices up to a mile away.
The workers compensation attorneys at Glass, Lebovitz, Kasheta & Bren hope that all injured workers are on their way to making a complete recovery from their injuries.